- you use our Website; or
- when you use our Services; or
- we perform any other activities that form part of the operation of this website, and services we may perform for you at your request.
What data do we collect?
In the course of providing products or services to you, we may collect, receive and store personal data including:
- your name
- your telephone numbers
- your email address
- your company name
- your job title
- the reason for contacting
The types of personal data that we collect may vary depending on how you use our website. In some rare circumstances, we might also gather other, special categories of personal data about you, because you volunteer that data to us. In some instances, we may be required to gather that data as a result of legal requirements imposed on us.
How we use data about you?
The legal bases for our uses, sharing and disclosures ("processing") of your personal data include, as pertinent, where:
- the data is necessary to perform the contractual obligations in agreements with you to provide products or services you have requested;
- you have consented to the processing as set out in this policy, which consent you can revoke at any time;
- the data is required to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend a legal claim;
- the data is necessary for the purposes of our or a third-party's legitimate business interests (so long as those interests do not override personal rights as indicated by law);
- you have expressly made your personal data public; and
- the data is necessary to protect your vital interests or other of others.
Use of personal data collected via our website
We may also use your personal data collected via our Website:
- to manage and improve our Website;
- to tailor the content of our Website to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information regarding our services that may be of interest to you;
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our website;
- for maintenance and enhancement of the security of the digital data we collect and use, including analysis of the personal data to pursue the legitimate business interest in protecting our customers and website visitors against malware, cyber-attack and other crime and security risks;
- notify you of changes to our service; and
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or other agreements entered into by you and us.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with certain marketing materials, or to share your data with certain third parties. We will only provide you with such marketing materials or share such data only where we have obtained such consent from you. You may revoke this consent at any time, but please note that data shared after the consent has been revoked may not be retrievable (please also see certain rights that pertain to you if you are a resident of the European Union, below).
Use of personal data for other activities that form part of the operation of our business
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our website above, we may use your personal information for the purposes of, or in connection with:
- services you have requested that we perform
- sending you thought leadership or details of products and services provided by us that may be of interest to you (from which you may opt out of receipt by contacting us at email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the communication you receive from us); contacting you to receive feedback on these services; and contacting you for other market or research purposes;
- protecting our rights.
Privacy of minors and children: COPPA
Enhancio complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, (COPPA) which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. Enhancio does not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal data from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. However, it is possible that we may inadvertently receive data pertaining to children under 13. If you believe that we have received data about your child who is under the age of 13, please do not hesitate to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive your notification, we will obtain your consent to retain the data or will delete it permanently.
To whom we disclose your data
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How we use data about you” section above, we may disclose details about you to: third parties that provide services to us; competent authorities (including courts and authorities regulating us) and other third parties that reasonably require access to personal data relating to you for one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How do we use data about you” section above.
We may share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated data with third parties for several purposes, including data analytics, research, submissions, thought leadership and promotional purposes.
If Enhancio is acquired by or merges with another firm, we may share your personal data with that firm or company and its representatives. If Enhancio winds up its business we may transfer any personal data collected to courts, acquirers, creditors or others as part of that process.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We utilize commercially reasonable data security standards to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Enhancio supports online security using appropriately secure technology because we want your data to be safe. We bind our employees and data processors to written agreements to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights. However, no method of internet transmission is one hundred percent secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
If you reside in the EU or in a country with similar levels of data protection, please note that some of the recipients of your personal data referenced above may be based in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data and that comply with our legal obligations. These adequate safeguards might comprise a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal data to third countries.
We may also need to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, by a regulator or during legal proceedings in the country in which your personal data is hosted.
Please contact us at email@example.com for further details of the transfers described above and the safeguards used in respect of such transfers.
Protection of your personal data
We use commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration of unlawful or accidental loss or destruction of your data.
How long do we keep your data?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods:
- as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services;
- any retention period that is required by laws and regulations
- the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services and which law requires us to maintain your personal data.
We may also retain log files for internal analysis purposes, though we would retain them for only a brief period except in cases where we are legally required to retain them for longer periods, and in cases where they are used for site safety and security or to improve website functionality.
Your rights: choice and control - GDPR
If you are a resident of a Member State of the European Union or a country that permits access to and certain rights relating to your personal data, you have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a form you can read and provide to another organization electronically
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data
- withdraw consent or otherwise object to our processing of your personal data.
Your right to have your personal data deleted does not apply, however, where the data is necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by European Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with applicable laws;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claim
You also have the right to have Enhancio cease processing your personal data, for reasons that include: (i) you state that the personal data Enhancio has about you is incorrect; but Enhancio may retain the data for as long as it requires to check the accuracy of the relevant personal data; (ii) you believe there is no legal basis for Enhancio’ s processing of your personal data and you demand that Enhancio restrict your personal data from further processing,; (iii) you contend that Enhancio no longer requires your personal data but you claim that you require such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims; or (iv) in case you object to the processing of your personal data by Enhancio on another basis, Enhancio may retain and process the data for as long as it is required to review as to whether Enhancio has a prevailing interest or legal obligation in continuing to process your personal data.
You may inquire about the exercise of these rights and, if the laws of your jurisdiction permit, exercise them as permitted by law by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data that may be protected pursuant to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Data Act (“PIPEDA”) or provincial laws and regulations may be stored outside Canada and may be stored in jurisdictions in which governmental entities, including law enforcement, may have access to it.
California Residents - CCPA
To the extent that CCPA provides a right to certain categories of data not outlined above or specifically excluded from CCPA access rights as “Business data,” visitors who reside in California and have provided personal data to us may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of such information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such a request must be submitted to us at email@example.com. Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted more than once per calendar year or to an address other than that provided in this paragraph.
While many browsers permit you to send a signal about your Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences, we do not respond to DNT signals sent from browsers.
Right to complain
If you are in the EU and are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data, or with our response to any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters, deployed to your computer or mobile device browser so as to uniquely identify your presence when you visit our website. It allows us or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and provide you with services you have requested. For example, these include the cookies that make it possible for you to stay logged into your Enhancio account to use the Enhancio application.
- Performance cookies: We may use performance cookies to measure the performance of the Service and how you use them.
- Functionality cookies: We may use functionality cookies to recognize you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to use our Service.
- Targeting cookies: Sometimes, the services we use to collect the information may be operated by other companies on our behalf. They may use similar technologies to cookies, known as "web beacons" or "tags." These are anonymous and, as they are only used for statistical purposes, they do not contain or collect any information that identifies you.
Most internet browsers allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies (or just third-party cookies), or warn you before a cookie is stored on your device.
- Please note, if you choose to block all cookies, our site may not function as intended and you might not be able to use or access all of the services we provide. If you have blocked all cookies and wish to make full use of the features and services we offer, you will need to enable your cookies.
- Rather than blocking all cookies, you can choose to only block third-party cookies which will still allow our website and service to function as intended.
Third party cookies
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, and for similar purposes. The following is the list of third-party cookies on our sites. Please note that the names of cookies, pixels, and other technologies may be subject to change at any time.
- Google Analytics (Analytics)
- Active Campaign (Analytics)
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Enhancio, Inc. 57 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019
Last updated: November 11, 2020